I/We (on my own behalf or, if acting as an agent for the borrower(s) or guarantor(s), on behalf of the borrower(s) and guarantor(s)) understand and agree to the following in connection with this loan application to funding.com.au:
- Personal information about visitors to funding.com.au’s web site is collected only when knowingly submitted. For example, funding.com.au may need to collect such information to provide me/us with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is funding.com.au’s intention that this policy will protect my/our personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
- Apart from where I/we have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where funding.com.au has reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with its rights or property, us, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Funding.com.au may also disclose personal information when it believes in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- Funding.com.au may engage third parties to provide me/us with goods or services on its behalf. In that circumstance, funding.com.au may disclose my/our personal information to those third parties in order to meet my/our request for goods or services.
- Funding.com.au strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to its site, and it reviews and updates its security measures in light of current technologies. I/We understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure however, funding.com.au will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that I/we transmit to it or via its online products and services. Once funding.com.au receives my/our transmission, it will make its best efforts to ensure its security on its systems.
- In addition, funding.com.au employees and the contractors who provide services related to its information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by funding.com.au. However, funding.com.au will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to my/our personal information.
- Funding.com.au will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which it holds about me/us, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, I/we discover that information held about funding.com.au is incorrect, I/we may contact funding.com.au to have the information corrected.
- In addition, funding.com.au employees and the contractors who provide services related to its information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by funding.com.au.
Links to other sites
- Funding.com.au provides links to web sites outside of its web sites, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under funding.com.au’s control, and funding.com.au does not/cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies/businesses/organisations linked to its website. Before disclosing my/our personal information on any other website, funding.com.au advises the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement be examined and understood.
Further privacy information.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting my/our privacy, I/we can visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site. http://www.privacy.gov.au/
- To see how Google uses data when funding.com.au uses its partners’ sites or apps – I/we can visit – http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
By checking the box and/or clicking on the "agree" button I/we are taken to have accepted the the above terms. Checking the “agree” button of this electronically signed document is the same as providing a written signature under the terms of the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth).
Funding.com.au and any reference to funding.com.au includes funding.com.au Pty Ltd, funding Pty Ltd, it and any other parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assignors, brokers, insurers, lenders, investors and agents and this agreement extends to them.
Alternatively you can write to "Privacy Complaints Manager, funding.com.au Pty Ltd, Level 3, 33 Elkhorn Avenue Surfers Paradise QLD 4217. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which We deal with your complaint you may refer it to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner ("OAIC"). You can contact OAIC by:-
forwarding an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
telephoning 1300 363 992; or
writing to OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
If we have not already verified the investor previously, we will be using an electronic identity verification service in order to verify your identity. This is done by checking your information with the relevant official record holder or DVS. Please confirm that you consent to us verifying your identity with an electronic identity verification service. https://www.funding.com.au/cms_page/privacy-policy.